How Do We Build a Durable Progressive Majority?
This is not a real electoral college map (yet) – but it could be if we stay in this for the long haul.
Let’s take a step back and look at the much bigger picture.
Here is the strategic proposition at the heart of MVP’s approach:
- To get to a just, sustainable society, we need transformative policy change.
- To win this policy change, we need a durable progressive elected majority to enact and protect it, and durable public support to back it up.
- To gain this durable elected majority and public support, we need to build lasting progressive political power.
- To build lasting power, we need to organize the New American Majority (voters of color and young voters) — as well as native, LGBTQ+, immigrant, working-class, rural, and other marginalized communities — who can swing the closest elections.
- To organize this constituency, we need to sustainably scale up the grassroots organizations that comprise the voter engagement field.
This is a project that spans multiple election cycles, and the 2024 election is a pivotal moment in the plan.
If we play our cards right, we can create a new normal where we reliably win federal elections by multiple percentage points, enact policies that reflect our values, and rebuild our country with a more sustainable and inclusive vision.
The best thing each of us can do now?
Thank you for your partnership.