MVP knows that the privacy of our donors is important to you, and we want you to know that it is important to us, too.
What information does MVP collect?
We collect information about MVP donors when one makes a donation to Movement Voter Project, Movement Voter PAC, or affiliated groups. For example, we collect the following types of donor information:
- Name and contact information: name, email address, organization (when applicable), mailing address, and phone number if provided; and
- Information concerning your donation or involvement in Movement Voter Project, such as a particular group you’d like to fund, the name of an individual in honor or in memory of whom you wish to donate or why you donated.
When donating to the Movement Voter PAC, federal campaign finance law requires that we collect full name, email, address, occupation, and employer. Donations are not anonymous and will be reported to the Federal Election Commission or state campaign finance regulators depending on our activity.
If you make a donation to Movement Voter Project in honor of someone else, we may acknowledge their name and involvement in the donation.
How does MVP use donor information?
- To process, complete or communicate with you about your transactions, such as making a direct donation.
- After making a donation directly to Movement Voter Project, we may send you MVP newsletters or communications about our work and that of our affiliate groups.
- You may opt out of receiving such communications from us by following the instructions below in the section titled “Unsubscribe.”
Is information shared with third parties?
Movement Voter Project will not sell, rent, or lease donor information to other organizations. Use of donor information will be limited to the internal purposes of Movement Voter Project and only to further the activities and purposes of MVP.
MVP may publish donor lists in our annual reports. As described in the paragraph below, you can opt out of your name being included on such donor lists. If you’d like to speak to someone about this, see contact information below.
When making a donation to the Movement Voter PAC, a donor’s full name, address, employer, and occupation will be disclosed and available to the general public in reports to the Federal Election Commission or state campaign finance regulators, depending on our activity.
Unsubscribe and Anonymity
If you would like to be removed from our emails, please click the unsubscribe button at the bottom of MVP emails. You can always donate anonymously by donating via mail; please include a note requesting anonymity.
You can also opt out of MVP emails by clicking on the opt-out or unsubscribe link within the email you receive. Please understand that it may take us a few minutes to process any opt-out request and that even if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
Questions? Contact us!
Please email [email protected]
Last updated: 9/15/2021