Senior Donor Organizer/Advisor (NY or Southern Region)
This position will take on and build a portfolio of donors to support and advise in their philanthropic and political giving. They will work closely with Executive Director, other Senior Donor Organizers/Advisors, and the Director of Donor Organizing. Experience in impact investing/socially responsible business, managing artists and celebrity networks, working with donors of color, and working with political donors, a plus. We are currently looking for Organizer/Advisors to focus specifically in New York and the South.
- Take on a portfolio of MVP current and potential clients to reach out to and lead on managing relationships with.
- Identify and recruit donors to utilize MVP’s support for their political giving.
- Do advanced coaching and support for MVP volunteer donor organizers and/or local team organizers.
Be involved in and help drive donor organizing strategy conversations.
- Understand and stay up on the programmatic work of the organization and be comfortable talking about it.
- Work with Executive Director and larger team to prioritize key folks to outreach to and stories/organizations/states to highlight.
- Manage all donor contacts and conversation tracking in the organizational database, Bloomerang.
Compensation: $80-90K based on experience. We are open to exploring various arrangements – part-time, full-time, or consulting for the right person. We are hiring multiple Senior Donor Organizers/Advisors for different regions and areas of focus.
Reports to: Executive Director
To apply: Please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
We aren’t just an equal opportunity employer, but are actively seeking to build a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to support the incredible diversity of grassroots organizing across the country. MVP does not discriminate based upon race/ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a veteran, status as an individual with a disability, and any other characteristics.
Movement Voter Project is a service to progressive donors – from grassroots individual donors to major donors and foundations. We talent-scout both national movement-building efforts and local organizations in all 50 states that work at the intersection of issue-based organizing and voter engagement. These are organizations where an extra $100 or $100,000 will make a real difference in achieving progress on issues like economic fairness, environmental sustainability, racial justice, immigrant rights, women’s rights, LGBTQ rights, and access to healthcare. MVP is committed to both short-term winning and long-term transformation.
- We work in service of local groups – everything we do and how we do it should reflect that. We want to support and help grow the work of local groups, amplify stories of their work with donors and potential supporters to bring new resources to them and magnify their impact. We try to be aware at all times of the power dynamics of being a funder and not imposing and be careful about incentivizing actions that could alter an organization’s own priorities.
- We have an organizer-mentality – with both groups and donors. We are organizing support for our local partners and organizing donors to organize more donors! Be prepared to build genuine relationships and work collaboratively.
- We believe in a non-competitive, non-divisive, whole ecosystem approach – we’re always taking opportunities to support and encourage collaboration and avoid playing groups or donors against each other.
- We’re focused on building from our assets – we focus on a positive approach to growth and improvement that helps groups and donors to feel comfortable being vulnerable about their areas of improvement, and doesn’t make groups, organizers, or donors feel bad about themselves :).
We try to under-promise and over-deliver – we try to never lead people on about potential for funding or overpromise what we can deliver or the timeline.