About Movement Voter Project:
MVP is a best-in-class advising platform connecting progressive donors to the most effective local groups in the most critical states and races across the country. We help donors invest directly in the best and most promising grassroots organizations in the country working at the intersection of movements, community organizing, and elections. MVP talent scouts and vets hundreds of local organizations that both increase turnout among the progressive base and build long-term grassroots power to transform our country – from the bottom up. Ultimately, we aim to increase investment in frontline organizations led by the most impacted communities to build long-term political power, which is the most effective way to transform our country at the local, state, and national level.
In 2018, MVP helped donors move $14 million to 354 local groups in 42 states. 100% of these funds went directly to groups. In the 2020 cycle, MVP successfully moved over $100 million to over 600 local groups across the country, focused in the most critical states.
- We work in service of local groups. Everything we do and how we do it should reflect that. We want to support and help grow the work of local groups, amplify stories of their work with donors and potential supporters to bring new resources to them and magnify their impact. We try to be aware at all times of the power dynamics of being a funder and not imposing and be careful about incentivizing actions that could alter an organization’s own priorities.
- We have an organizer mentality with both groups and donors. We are organizing support for our local partners and organizing donors to organize more donors! Be prepared to build genuine relationships and work collaboratively.
- We believe in a non-competitive, non-divisive, whole ecosystem approach. We are always taking opportunities to support and encourage collaboration and avoid playing groups or donors against each other.
- We are focused on building from our assets. We take a positive approach to growth and change that helps groups and donors to feel comfortable being vulnerable about their areas of improvement and doesn’t make groups, organizers, or donors feel bad about themselves.
- We try to under-promise and over-deliver. We try to never lead people on about potential for funding or overpromise what and when we can deliver.
Movement Voter Project isn’t just an equal opportunity employer. We are actively seeking to build a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to support the incredible diversity of grassroots organizing across the country. MVP does not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a veteran, status as an individual with a disability, and any other characteristics.