Table of Contents
Here are resources for sharing MVP with your networks! Jump to each section below:
Quickly and easily introduce your networks to MVP by email and social media, using these tools:
- Email: Generate a sample email, customize, list out 3-5 folks, and send!
- Facebook: Generate a sample post, add a personal note, and post!
- Twitter: Generate a sample Tweet, customize, and post!
- Monthly Newsletter: Get key updates on our work, our local partners, and upcoming events & briefings. Sign up (check spam & promotion folders if you don’t see a confirmation!), and then forward each email to your network, along with a personal note.
- Social media: Follow on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram, and share with your networks.
- Supporter Facebook Group: Get official MVP content you can easily share with your networks.
- MVP Blog: A one-stop shop of bite-sized new content, including strategy, political analysis, and stories from our grassroots partners.
- Upcoming Events: Our briefings and volunteer events are a perfect chance for folks in your network to learn about and support MVP.
Core MVP Content
- About MVP
- Why Donate Through MVP?
- Vetting Process
- State Tiers
- Target Funds
- MVP-Supported Groups
- Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more and share MVP’s strategy to win in 2024 and beyond.
- Slide Deck: Designed to be read by donors wanting a deep dive on MVP’s 2023-2024 strategy. Note: Volunteer-tailored Reader Deck, Presenter Deck, and Speaker Notes forthcoming.
- PDF 5-Pager (printer-friendly)
- Blog Post
Track Record & Impact
- “Why MVP” (11:50): An in-depth look at MVP’s strategy, approach, & impact.
- Intro: This is a Movement (02:10)
- Chapter 1: Why Donate Through MVP (02:08)
- Chapter 2: Swing States, Local Organizing (02:04)
- Chapter 3: Trusted Messengers Drive Turnout (01:35)
- Chapter 4: Building Power That Lasts (02:39)
- Chapter 5: Invest Early, Win Big (01:39)
- Chapter 6: Join the Movement (02:23)
- Playlist with full video + each chapter: Closed captioned or open captioned
- Downloadable video files (click “Download All” in the top right)
- YouTube Channel
- Donor Briefings: Full recordings of all past briefings.
- Donor Briefing Clips: Short clips you can easily share.
- Movement Voter Project: What Donors Need to Know – Blue Tent
- Why We Love the Movement Voter Project – Blue Tent
- How Georgia went blue – Washington Post
- Full MVP press round-up
Articles validating MVP’s Theory of Change
- To Make a Lasting Impact During the Biden Administration, Support Systems-Change Leaders – Inside Philanthropy
- To Save Democracy, Fund Organizing – Stanford Social Innovation Review
- Donors Leery of Supporting Grassroots Organizing Need to Rethink How They Approach Such Work – Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Working at the intersections of social movements, grassroots communities, and elections is the best way to ensure that we both win big and build long-term progressive power.
- Investing in grassroots organizing is the best way to impact elections. This is what MVP does.
- Youth and voters of color can swing the closest elections. MVP invests in these constituencies.
- Turnout increases most when voters hear from people they know. This is what MVP funds.
- Candidate campaigns end, win or lose. MVP partners build power year-round, year after year.
- With early funding, MVP partners can maximize their reach, voter turnout, and policy wins.
- MVP partners are organizing their communities. The best thing we can do is fund them.
What a donation provides
As you think about your donation, consider the impact of each dollar (for illustration purposes):
- $90,000: A grassroots organizer’s typical 12-month salary, benefits, and taxes.
(This generic figure factors in a $70K base salary + 28% for benefits and taxes)
- $15,000: A 3-part training series MVP offers freely to each partner group.
- $7,500: A grassroots organizer’s typical 1-month salary, benefits, and taxes.
- $2,500: Two laptops, helping organizers increase capacity and train others.
- $1,000: 20,000 texts reminding voters where to vote and what to bring.
- $500: An organizer’s skill development training + follow-up coaching session.
- $250: 6,000 reminder calls to folks who’ve volunteered to get out the vote.
Free MVP “Swag”
- Request MVP “Swag”: Request free MVP stickers, donor thank-you cards & envelopes, etc.