Host a House Party fundraiser
NOTE: We are updating our 2023-2024 House Party materials, and are not currently able to offer staff support; however, we welcome you to organize a “DIY” House Party using our current materials. Sign up here to join our Waitlist for updates, or to let us know you’re having a DIY Party.
What is an MVP House Party?
A House Party is a way to gather your friends and family in-person or on Zoom to learn about MVP and join in financial support.
The purpose of these events is to share about MVP, create a shared sense of community and hopefulness, and raise money for MVP.
Parties have a welcoming environment where people make connections and get questions answered. Expect to hear about the past and present of MVP, the funding model, stories from the field, and hosts sharing their story of why they support MVP.
Can I host a “DIY” House Party?
Yes! Check out our resources below, and sign up to let us know you’re organizing a DIY Party.
DIY House Party Resources
- Create your fundraising page.
- If your event is for an MVP Hub or team’s ongoing fundraising, you can use your existing fundraising page for simplicity.
- If your event is a one-off fundraiser, please include your (approx.) event date & last name in the fundraising page URL suffix. Use this naming convention: “YYYY-MM-DD-lastname” or “YYYY-MM-lastname”.
- Set up your Zoom link (if you’re having a virtual event)
Free accounts have a 40-minute limit, so you’ll need a “Pro” account for a month.
- Create your RSVP page. Need help? Read our short Guide to Creating an RSVP Page.
- Slide Deck: Designed to be read by donors wanting a deep dive on MVP’s 2023-2024 strategy. Note: Volunteer-tailored Presentation Deck and Speaker Notes forthcoming.
- Promo materials: Videos, physical materials, articles, handouts, talking points, and more.
- Get swag: Request stickers, thank-you cards & envelopes, and brochures free of charge.
- House Party Toolkit: A step-by-step roadmap for hosting a successful House Party.
Email us at [email protected]!