Step 1: Post online
Copy & share this note by social media, email, & text:
Check this out — one of the best ways to impact the election:
“MVP helps donors invest in grassroots organizations in swing states & districts, to win elections and build progressive power for policies and governance that improves the lives of all Americans.”
Step 2: Share updates & invites
Forward our newsletter
Our monthly newsletters share key updates on our work, our local partners, and upcoming events & briefings. Sign up (check spam & promotion folders if you don’t see a confirmation!), and then forward each email to your network, along with a personal note. Sign up here »
Our National Briefings and volunteer-organized events are a perfect opportunity for folks in your network to learn about and support MVP. Find upcoming events »
Step 3: Share from our Promo Kit
- “Why MVP” (11:50): An in-depth look at MVP’s strategy, approach, & impact.
- Chapter 1: Why Donate Through MVP (02:08)
- Chapter 2: Swing States, Local Organizing (02:04)
- Chapter 3: Trusted Messengers Drive Turnout (01:35)
- Chapter 4: Building Power That Lasts (02:39)
- Chapter 5: Invest Early, Win Big (01:39)
- Chapter 6: Join the Movement (02:23)
- Playlist with full video + each chapter: With captions or without captions
- Downloadable video files (click “Download All” in the top right)
- Defy the Odds 2022 (2m): A primer on our 2022 campaign.
- Full MVP YouTube video library: Check out and use any and all videos found here.
- Movement Voter Project: What Donors Need to Know – Blue Tent
- Why We Love the Movement Voter Project – Blue Tent
- How Georgia went blue – Washington Post
- To Make a Lasting Impact During the Biden Administration, Support Systems-Change Leaders – Inside Philanthropy
- Full MVP press round-up
- Defy the Odds 2022: 2-pager on our plan to win the midterms and supercharge the grassroots.
- Voting Rights 2-pager on how MVP and our partner groups are fighting voter suppression.
- The Importance of Early Investment: 1-pager on why early funding helps MVP partners scale their power and maximize their electoral impact.
Step 4: Become an MVP Expert!
2022 Funding Plans
- North Carolina (more forthcoming)
Key talking points
- Investing in grassroots organizing is the best way to impact elections. This is what MVP does.
- Youth and voters of color can swing the closest elections. MVP invests in these constituencies.
- Turnout increases most when voters hear from people they know. This is what MVP funds.
- Candidate campaigns end, win or lose. MVP partners build power year-round, year after year.
- With early funding, MVP partners can maximize their reach, voter turnout, and policy wins.
- MVP partners are organizing their communities. The best thing we can do is fund them.
What a donation provides
As you think about your donation, consider the impact of each dollar:
- $15,000 covers a 3-part training series MVP offers freely to each partner group.
- $6,000 can employ a field organizer for 1 month of voter registration, turnout, etc.
- $5,000 can provide 25 hours of training on turnout techniques like deep canvassing.
- $2,500 can provide 2 laptops, helping organizers increase capacity and train others.
- $1,000 can send 20,000 texts reminding voters where to vote and what to bring.
- $500 can pay for an organizer to attend a skills training + follow-up coaching session.
- $250 can cover 6,000 reminder calls to folks who’ve volunteered to get out the vote.