100% of all money raised through our general fundraising goes directly to support organizing groups. MVP raises money separately to fund its operations. Historically, MVP’s operating expenses were paid for by a small cohort of committed MVP donors who wanted to amplify their impact by helping MVP scale up and reach a larger community. As MVP has grown, more donors have contributed to MVP’s operations. We very much appreciate additional support for critical operating expenses, and donors can specify that some or all of their gift goes to fund MVP operations and overhead.
How much of my donation goes toward MVP’s overhead?
Other Donation FAQ
- What is the difference between Movement Voter Project, Movement Voter PAC, and Movement Voter Fund?
- How did MVP begin?
- Why support MVP?
- Why donate to Movement Voter Project?
- Why donate to Movement Voter PAC?
- How does MVP choose and vet organizations?
- What is MVP’s grantmaking process?
- How does MVP ensure accountability for the groups we support?
- Can I volunteer with groups to help support their work?
- Are there donation fees?
- Can I make a gift in honor of or in the memory of someone?
- Will I receive an acknowledgement or tax receipt?
- Does MVP fund candidates?
- How will MVP handle my donor data?