Join our Volunteer Slack Community
Slack is our “Virtual Campaign Office” where MVP volunteers can get updates, connect, get support, and contact staff quickly & easily.
Join if you’d like:
- Real-time MVP volunteer updates and stories from MVP-funded grassroots groups.
- Community, camaraderie, & connection with like-minded MVP volunteers everywhere.
- An easy way to share questions, ideas, and feedback directly with MVP staff.
- A way for teams to communicate quickly without starting or sifting through group email threads.
- Request an invite to join our Slack community. We will invite you promptly.
- Download the Slack app for desktop & mobile.
- When you join, you’ll be added to a handful of “channels” (topic-based spaces).
- Go to the #community channel and introduce yourself!
- Configure notifications to match your preferences.
Get to know Slack
- Get acquainted with Slack by viewing:
- To keep things organized, reply “in thread” whenever possible.
- If you’d like, you can disable or adjust email notifications, including for specific channels and conversations.
- You can even create a channel — whether a public channel around a new topic, or a private invite-only channel (e.g. for a Local or Affinity Team).
Questions? Technical issues?
- Check out Slack’s Help Center, OR
- Ask in our #tech-support channel!