About the Puerto Rican Voter Fund:
- The easiest “one click” way to donate to local Puerto Rican organizations – who are fighting for our families on the Island and in the diaspora – as well as leading campaigns to get Puerto Ricans out to the polls in record numbers!
- 100% of funds go directly or are regranted directly to local groups.
- Make a Catalytic Difference – These are locally-rooted, small-to-medium sized organizations where your dollars can make a game-changing difference.
- Curated with help from – This fund is curated by Puerto Rican Voter Project Director Zulema Rodriguez who consulted with dozens of local and national organizers in developing this list – still a work in progress – with a focus on MVP’s priority states. Feel free to email us at [email protected] to make additional suggestions of groups to include.
- Build long-term infrastructure and leadership for change – The Puerto Rican Voter Project invests in groups that are locally rooted and driving change not just for one election, but year after year. We fund organizations and local leaders that Get Out the Vote in 2018 and then immediately get to work on 2019 and 2020, not one-off campaigns that come and go each cycle.
Need more support to donate? This “one click’ option is designed for quick online giving. If you want to donate from a foundation or donor advised fund, or want more detailed information, please contact us.
An energetic Puerto Rican-led multi-generational group mobilizing the Puerto Rican diaspora in Maricopa County, Arizona.
Florida’s strongest immigrant rights organization and one of the anchor immigrant-rights groups nationally. FLIC is fighting deportations, educating immigrants on rights and advocating for Sanctuary cities. They have developed major electoral capacity and delivered past wins at the local, state, and federal levels.
Vamos4PR Action is a network of stateside labor, community, cultural, and human rights groups committed to fighting for a better future for Puerto Rico and empowering the Puerto Rican diaspora. With a strong focus in Central Florida, they mobilized survivors of Hurricane Maria to demand safe and affordable housing, and are organizing the broader Puerto Rican community as a voting bloc, but beyond that – they’re fighting the economic interests that created PR’s financial crisis.
Make The Road Action – Nevada is an advocacy organization, working to advance political and policy change through electoral and grassroots organizing. We are a member led organization, working towards creating positive change in Latinx and working class neighborhoods across Southern Nevada.
YLN is the premier young Latino organization based out of Cleveland, Ohio doing vote work and turning out Puerto Rican communities to make a real difference. In northeast Ohio alone, there are over 50,000 Puerto Ricans! YLN is harnessing the energy of Latino youth to register, engage, and mobilize Latino Ohioans this year and beyond!
Make the Road PA is the largest Latinx organization in the state, building power for justice in Latinx communities, working class communities and Communities of Color. MRPA has been at the forefront of the resistance against Trump since before the election and are constantly reaching and registering thousands of voters and encouraging them to get involved in the community. They also play a leading role in campaigns for immigration reform and the Abolish ICE movement, a fair budget for education and human services, driver’s licenses for undocumented immigrants, rights of the LGBTQ+ community, Puerto Rico Justice, and the Fight for $15. They have roughly 700 monthly participants in their events and member committee meetings. Make the Road Action builds political power by engaging thousands of Latino, immigrant, and African-American voters every year.
Long-standing, grassroots-driven Puerto Rican organization in Central Florida. Has a scrappy budget and a loyal volunteer base.