This full-time position works closely with the Communications team, the State & Local Partnerships team, and the Managing Director. The Digital Communications Coordinator will help MVP curate, collect, and share stories about the partner groups we support. This includes running MVP’s social media platforms, creating stories and graphics, and being the lead on group data collection. Experience in social justice organizing and communications work, as well as using Google spreadsheets, Airtable, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and CRM systems preferred. Video content creation experience a plus.
For Communications Team (75% of time):
- Manage all social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter), including creating content, graphics, and making daily posts, as well as developing the overall social media calendar.
- Develop and maintain social media partnerships with groups to share their content.
- Develop stories from groups to share publicly and with our donors in email and other formats.
- Support the Communications Director with other projects, as needed.
For State & Local Partnerships Team (25% of time):
- Input initial group intake forms into Bloom (CRM system) and update group description info, including conducting quarterly quality checks of all information.
- Input group reports and metrics information, including media links.
- Pull reports on groups regularly.
- Support Deputy Director of State & Local Partnerships with other projects, as needed.
- Strong writing and editing skills, especially with creating short, snappy content.
- Working knowledge of digital design and the ability to create sharable content.
- Experience running social media platforms, ideally in a nonprofit or political context.
- Experience working on political campaigns and keeping a campaign-style pace.
- Basic knowledge of using spreadsheets and CRM systems.
- Ability to perform basic data entry, data cleanup, and data analysis.
- Ability and desire to work with a fast-paced, nimble team with frequently shifting priorities and projects.
- Basic video editing skills a bonus!
Tools we use at MVP (training opportunities available for each platform):
Bloomerang CRM, Eventbrite, Evite, Zoom, WordPress, Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Microsoft Office, TargetSmart, Civis Platform, Periscope, Adobe Creative Suite, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, ActBlue, Slack, Airtable.
Reports to: Communications Director and works closely with Deputy of State + Local Partnerships
Salary Range: $50,000 – $65,000, depending on experience, plus full health benefits, annual work-from-home stipend ($1,000/year), and monthly wellness stipend ($100/month).
How to Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and 3 samples of created content (social media plan, newsletter, graphic, video, etc.) to [email protected] with the subject line: Job Opening: Digital Communications Coordinator.